If you’ve published your interview and selected the “Only You” privacy setting, you can share your interview via a “secret link.”" This is a hidden URL that you can use to share your interview with only select people and still keep your interview inaccessible to the public on the StoryCorps Archive.
How to generate a secret link:
- Go to archive.storycorps.org.
- Log in to your StoryCorps account by clicking in the upper right corner of the page.
- Click on the profile icon in the upper right corner.
- Click "My Interviews & Profile."
- Select the private interview you wish to share via secret link.
- Click “Secret Link,” the third option on the right side of the page.
- Click “Generate Secret Link” and “Copy to Clipboard.”
- Paste your secret link in an email to share it with select people.
You can always return to find this link again if you need it. To revoke access, you can generate a new secret link. Once you do this, the old secret link will stop working and you’ll receive a new secret link.
Note: You must log into your account at archive.storycorps.org to generate a secret link. You cannot generate a secret link via the StoryCorps App.
Note: Anyone with your secret link will be able to access your interview from anywhere on the internet without logging to archive.storycorps.org, so please exercise caution when sending this link to others. Also, keep in mind that if you click ”Regenerate Secret Link,” any previous secret links to that interview that you’ve shared will be deactivated.
Need more help? Try this step-by-step guide:
1 The first step is to login to archive.storycorps.org and click your profile image
2 Click View Profile
3 Scroll down to the private interview you wish to share. Click the interview image
4 Scroll down and click Secret Link
5 Click Generate Secret Link
6 Click Copy To Clipboard
7 You're done!
You can click close and then paste this link into an email or other message to share with friends or family.
Here's an interactive tutorial for the visual learners