Sign Up to Participate in One Small Step Connect
To participate in a One Small Step Connect conversation, you first need to sign up for One Small Step by filling out our One Small Step matching questionnaire. You can find additional information on how to sign up for a One Small Step conversation in our One Small Step FAQs using the link below.
Technical Requirements for One Small Step Connect
One Small Step Connect utilizes video conferencing technology to facilitate and record these interviews. In order to participate in a One Small Step Connect interview, prospective participants will need the following:
- Access to an internet-ready device (such as a desktop or laptop computer, smartphone, or tablet) with access to a camera and microphone.
An account on archive.storycorps.org.
You can find step-by-step instructions on how to create an archive.storycorps.org account in the Help Center article below.
- Access to a strong, stable internet connection (we recommend an internet speed of at least 300kbps.)
- A quiet place to record.
A compatible internet browser on your device. Compatible browsers include:
- Google Chrome (latest release)
- Google Chrome for Android
- Firefox for Android
- Microsoft Edge (version 79+)
- Safari 11 or later on Mac OS or iOS
- Internet Explorer 11 (Please note: Internet Explorer users may be prompted to install the OpenTok plugin when they attempt to access StoryCorps Connect.)