While StoryCorps interviews do not have a minimum length, the maximum length is 45 minutes. As you record your interview on the app, you will be able to see the time elapsed and time remaining on the app screen. The app will automatically stop recording at minute 45. If you would like to record an interview for longer than 45 minutes, you can create a second recording (or more) and publish each one to the archive.storycorps.org website as Parts I, II, etc.
Articles in this section
- Before you record with the StoryCorps App: Tips for a trouble-free recording
- How many participants can each interview have? Is there a maximum?
- How long can interviews be on the StoryCorps App?
- How will I know what to ask? Does StoryCorps have suggested questions for the interview?
- Can I create and save a list of custom questions before I record the interview?
- Can I use my own questions to record a StoryCorps interview?
- Can I record in a language other than English?
- I would like to interview someone who doesn’t live near me. Can I call that person on my phone and record an interview on the app using the same phone?