If you're experiencing technical trouble with the StoryCorps App, there are a number of ways you can troubleshoot the issue. Below you'll find a short overview of common technical issues with the StoryCorps App and some initial steps you can take to address them. We'll update this list regularly as improvements are made.
Many issues can be addressed with the same simple solutions:
- Please ensure you're signed into your account.
- Check your Wi-Fi connection if you experience issues while uploading an interview.
- Please DO NOT uninstall the app. Please also make sure you have the most up to date version of the StoryCorps App and the latest version of your operating system. If you uninstall the app, you will lose any interviews that have been saved only to your device and not yet published/uploaded to the archive.storycorps.org website.
- Logging into your account on archive.storycorps.org from a desktop or laptop computer may help you resolve some issues with the app.
- If you are experiencing issues with your microphone or camera, restarting your device might also resolve the issue.
Problems logging in
If you experience problems logging in via the app, we recommend you troubleshoot your account issue via the website, archive.storycorps.org.
To reset your password, click the "Forgot Your Password" link on the Sign Up page. You should receive an email with a link to reset your password. If you do not receive an email, please check your spam folder.
If you still experience issues logging in, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. When you contact us, please be sure to let us know whether your issue is on the app, archive.storycorps.org, or both. Also be sure to tell us your username and the email address with which you created your account.