If you're having trouble with the StoryCorps App, please report it here. Your feedback is extremely helpful.
If you haven't recorded an interview yet, we strongly recommend doing a short test recording, and publishing it to ensure that the app works smoothly on your device.
If you're experiencing technical trouble with the app:
- Please ensure you're signed into your account.
- Please DO NOT delete the app. Try logging out of the app and signing back in. Please also make sure you have the most updated version of the StoryCorps app and the latest version of your operating system. If you delete the app, you will lose any interviews that have been saved only to your device and not yet published/uploaded to the archive.storycorps.org website.
- Try turning your device off and back on.
If you're not able to record with the app, you can still upload an interview to our website by recording with a digital recorder or a voice recording app. Please note that you can only upload such files to archive.storycorps.org from a desktop or laptop computer. To upload an interview from your desktop or laptop computer, please follow these steps:
- Create an account at archive.storycorps.org.
- Log into your new account.
- Click on "Add a New Interview" on the top right corner of your screen.
- You'll be prompted to upload your interview file; add an interview title, summary, and keywords; and “save and upload–” the interview.
Once your interview is published on the StoryCorps Archive website, you can share the interview with friends and family by sending a link, posting it on social media, or embedding it on your site or blog.