There are many ways to share your interview, but your options vary depending on your privacy settings and whether you have chosen to publish your interview to archive.storycorps.org.
- Share your public interview from the StoryCorps App
- Share your public interview from archive.storycorps.org
- Share your private interview
- Share an unpublished App interview
Share your published and public interview from archive.storycorps.org
Please note: for others to be able to access the interview when you use these sharing options, you'll want to ensure the interview's privacy is set to public. Learn more about your privacy settings here. If you prefer to keep your interview Private your only option for sharing is to create a secret link.
If you log into your archive.storycorps.org account on a desktop or laptop computer, you have a multitude of sharing options:
- A direct link to the interview (to include in an email or other message)
- Embed code (to embed the interview into a website)
- Download (to download the interview to your computer to back up or share with your preferred file sharing program)
You can find all of these options by clicking the “Share” icon beside the audio player on your interview’s page.
Here is a step by step guide:
1 The first step is to log in to archive.storycorps.org and click your profile image
2 Click View Profile
3 Scroll down and click the interview you want to share
4 Click the share icon
5 Click the sharing options of your choice!
Here's an interactive tutorial for the visual learners
Share your published and public interview from the StoryCorps App
As soon as you’ve published your interview, you’ll be able to share it with friends and family directly from the app.
- After uploading the interview, you’ll see the “Share” icon at the bottom of the interview box in the app.
- Click on “Share” and you’ll be able to send a direct link to the full interview through email or your messaging app. You can also share the interview to most social networks you have activated on your phone, such as Facebook and Twitter.
Sharing a Private Interview
If you’ve chosen to keep your interview private, normal sharing options won’t work. However, you can create a secret link, so only select people with the link can hear your interview, but it will remain inaccessible to the public. For directions on creating a secret link, click here.
You can also export your interview audio file from your device to your computer by following these instructions and then emailing the audio file to family and friends. The audio files are often quite large, so the file may be too large to attach to an email. We suggest using a file-sharing service like Google Drive or DropBox.
Sharing an unpublished App interview
If you’ve chosen not to publish your interview, the only copy is on your device. This means that it is not on the web, so there is no way to link to it to share via social media.
However, you can download a copy of your interview to your computer. Then you can use your preferred file-sharing service to send the audio file to anyone you’d like.
Export your interview audio file from your device to your computer by following these instructions. The audio files are often quite large, so the file may be too large to attach to an email. We suggest using a file-sharing service like Google Drive or DropBox.