If this is a user-uploaded or StoryCorps App interview
You can remove your interview from the website by deleting it from your account on archive.storycorps.org. While the interview should remain saved to your device (where it is private), we highly recommend that you backup your interview before deleting it from the website. To export the audio file from your device to your desktop or laptop computer, please follow these detailed instructions.
To remove your interview from your archive.storycorps.org account, please follow these steps:
- Log into your account at archive.storycorps.org
- Click on your username in the upper right hand corner of the screen
- Click on “My Interviews & Profile”
- Scroll down to the interview you’d like to delete
- Click on the trash icon located in the upper right corner of the interview box and you will be prompted to delete the interview
Please note that although we will remove the recording from the StoryCorps Archive website, we cannot ensure that any third parties who have received copies of your recording will delete the file.
If this is a Signature StoryCorps interview (recorded in a StoryCorps Booth, with a StoryCorps facilitator or StoryKit)
Signature participants do not have access to delete their interview from the online archive. If you wish to remove your interview from public view update your privacy settings. If you’d like to request the complete irrevocable removal of your interview from the Storycorps collection and online archive, contact us.