For StoryCorps Signature Interviews
You cannot edit the interview audio for a Signature interview. If you have serious reservations about the content of your interview, we urge you to consider the Non-Release option. To speak with an archivist, please contact us.
For StoryCorps App and StoryCorps Connect interviews
If you have editing software on your desktop computer, you can edit any interview that you recorded using the StoryCorps App or StoryCorps Connect by following the steps below. Please note that StoryCorps does not provide support on editing at this time, and all editing happens outside of the scope of the StoryCorps platform.
If you haven't yet published your interview recorded with the StoryCorps App to archive.storycorps.org, you can download your interview audio from the app by following the instructions found in the Help Center article below.
If you've already published your interview to archive.storycorps.org:
- Log into your account at archive.storycorps.org from a desktop or laptop computer.
- Select My Interviews & Profile from the drop down menu in the upper right hand corner of the screen.
- Select the interview you would like to edit on your profile page.
- Press the share icon on the right hand side of the gray media player and select Download.
- Once you have downloaded your interview audio to your computer, you can edit it using your prefered editing software.
- After you have finished editing your audio, you can publish it directly to your archive.storycorps.org profile by selecting Upload an Existing Interview from the drop down menu and following the prompts.