If you have editing software on your desktop computer, you can edit any interview that you record using the StoryCorps app by following the steps below. Please note that StoryCorps does not provide support on editing at this time, and editing happens outside of the scope of the StoryCorps platform.
If you kept your interview private and only saved it to your device, you can follow these steps to export your interview audio file from your device to a desktop or laptop computer.
If you published your interview online, you can follow these steps:
- Login to your account at StoryCorps.me from your desktop or laptop computer, click on your username and select “View Profile” in the dropdown menu
- Scroll down to the interview you would like to edit
- Download your interview by clicking on the download option (a small cloud icon)
- Edit your interview using your editing software
- Upload the edited audio file to your profile on StoryCorps.me by clicking the "Add a New Interview" button and following the prompts