For StoryCorps Signature Interviews
You cannot edit the interview audio for a Signature interview. If you have serious reservations about the content of your interview, we urge you to consider the Non-Release option. To speak with an archivist, please contact us.
For StoryCorps App interviews
If you have editing software on your desktop computer, you can edit any interview that you recorded using the StoryCorps App by following the steps below. Please note that StoryCorps does not provide support on editing at this time, and editing happens outside of the scope of the StoryCorps platform.
If you kept your interview private and only saved it to your device, you can follow these steps to export your interview audio file from your device to a desktop or laptop computer.
If you published your interview online, you can follow these steps:
- Log into your account at archive.storycorps.org from your desktop or laptop computer, click on your username, and select “My Interviews & Profile” in the drop-down menu.
- Scroll down to the interview you would like to edit.
- Click the image of the interview to open it.
- Click the share icon (the icon of three connected dots that appears on the right side of the play bar), and select the download option.
- Now that you have downloaded the audio file, you can edit your interview using your editing software.
- Upload the edited audio file to your profile on archive.storycorps.org by clicking the "Add a New Interview" button and following the prompts.
*Please note that this only changes the uploaded audio file and not your image or other interview data like keywords, location, etc.