There are several options for sharing an interview after it has been published.
First, determine which of the three privacy settings the student has selected: "Public", "StoryCorps Community", or "Private". For more on Privacy Settings, see this article.
If the student has published their interview to "Public" or "StoryCorps Community", they can:
- Copy and email a link to the interview. On the App, at the bottom of the interview, press "Share," and the user will be able to send a link to their interview via text message or email. You can also find the link after recording via the App or StoryCorps Connect by logging in to your archive.storycorps.org account from a desktop or laptop computer. For a step by step guide click here.
- Use a keyword you can have a unique keyword for your class to that they assign to their interviews in archive.storycorps.org. For more information on keywords, click here.
- Upload their interview to a StoryCorps Community Page. For teachers who want to use this feature, follow these step-by-step instructions to set up your community page. From there, share the link with your students and have them join the community from a desktop or laptop computer by clicking "Join Community." Once they do this, they will have the option to add their interview to the community from their app when publishing it to the archive website.
If the participant has saved their interview as "Private", they can:
- Download and export the file from the StoryCorps App on their device and/or via StoryCorps Connect from their account on archive.storycorps.org by following these instructions. (Note: Students who use the StoryCorps App but chose not to publish to the online archive can still export the file from their device)
- Share a secret link so only select people with a link can hear your interview, but it will remain inaccessible to the public. For directions, click here.
If the participant does not have access to a smartphone, computer or does not have permission to use StoryCorps' tools:
- They can still complete the project using any digital recorder.
- They can upload their interview to archive.storycorps.org from the web and will be able to submit it to a community, provide a description, keywords. You can find step-by-step instructions for publishing to the archive from the web here.
- They can also conduct an unrecorded interview. They should still use the worksheets and, to complete the assignment, turn in a proposed title, summary, and keywords for their interview, as well as the length of time of their interview.