There are several options for sharing an interview after it has been published.
First, determine which of the three privacy settings the participant has selected: "Everyone", "Archive Users", or "Only You". For more on Privacy Settings, see this article.
If the participant has shared their interview to "Everyone" or "Archive Users", they can:
- Download and export the file from the StoryCorps App on their device or from their account on archive.storycorps.org by following these directions.
- Copy and email a link to the interview. On the App, at the bottom of the interview, press "Share," and the participant be able to send a link to their interview via text message or email. You can also find the link by logging in to your archive.storycorps.org account from a desktop or laptop computer. Click on the title of your interview, and then click on the share icon in the upper right hand corner to see the link, or simply copy the url at the top of the page.
- Search the keyword all students are using to tag their interviews in archive.storycorps.org. For more information on keywords, click here.
- Upload their interview to a StoryCorps Community Page. For teachers who want to use this feature, follow these step-by-step instructions to set up your community page. From there, share the link with your students and have them join the community from a desktop or laptop computer by clicking "Join Community." Once they do this, they will have the option to add their interview to the community from their app when publishing it to the archive website.
If the participant has saved their interview as "Only You", they can:
- Download and export the file from the StoryCorps App on their device or from their account on archive.storycorps.org by following these instructions.
- Share a secret link so only select people with a link can hear your interview, but it will remain inaccessible to the public. For directions, click here.
If the participant does not have access a smartphone or does not have permission to use the App:
- They can still complete the project using any digital recorder
- They can upload their interview to archive.storycorps.org from the web and will be able to submit it to a community, provide a description, keywords, and everything else they can do in the app. You can find step-by-step instructions for publishing to the archive from the web here.
- They can also conduct an unrecorded interview. They should still use the worksheets and, to complete the assignment, turn in a proposed title, summary, and keywords for their interview, as well as the length of time of their interview.