There are three different roles archive.storycorps.org users can fill in a community: members, moderators and owners.
A moderator is a member of the community who has been promoted to moderator by an owner of a particular community. Each community can have up to 10 moderators. Moderators have the same access as members but with special privileges, such as:
- accepting pending members
- accepting pending interviews
- promoting a member to moderator
- blocking a member
- creating and editing question lists
- selecting featured interviews
An owner is the creator of a particular community. Owners establish the rules of the community, such as deciding whether the community requires approval for new members to join or permits the open submission of interviews. An owner has the ability to do everything a moderator can do, as well as:
- add additional moderators to a community
- edit the community title, tagline, photo, or image
- add links to social media or other websites
You can find more information on promoting community members to moderators and moderators to owners in the Help Center article below.