An owner is the creator of a particular community. Owners establish the rules of the community, such as deciding whether the community requires approval for new members to join or permits the open submission of interviews, and has the ability to promote members to moderators.
The owner also has the ability to do everything a moderator can do, as well as:
- edit the community title, tagline, photo, or image
- add links to social media or other websites
A moderator is a member of the community who has been promoted to moderator by an owner of a particular community. You can learn more about how to promote a member to a moderator here. Each community can have up to 10 moderators.
Moderators have the same access as members but with special privileges, such as:
- accepting pending members
- accepting pending interviews
- promoting a member to moderator or blocking them
- selecting interviews to be featured
- creating and editing question lists
A member is a user who is part of a community and has the ability to view their communities on their archive.storycorps.org profile page and to submit interviews.