If you are a community owner or moderator, you can create a custom list of questions online and save them to the community’s profile page. This question list will be available to members of your community on archive.storycorps.org and in the app to help them prepare for their interviews. This question list will remain on the community’s profile page and can be edited at any time by a community owner or moderator.
If you are an owner or moderator, to add a list of questions to your community profile page, follow these steps (note: the owner, moderator, and community members will receive an email notification when a question list has been added):
- Log into your account at archive.storycorps.org.
- Click on your username in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Click on "Create a Question List" and create a list by choosing from our prepared questions and/or by adding custom questions (you can read more about how to create a custom question list on archive.storycorps.org here.)
- When you have completed the list, click on “+Add to Community,” follow the prompts, and press “Submit.”
- Go to your community’s profile page and you will see your new list of questions. You will have the option to print the question list or email it to yourself (at your registered StoryCorps Archive account email address.)
Once your list is addd to the community, your community members will be able to access your list, along with StoryCorps' suggested questions, when selecting their questions to prepare for an interview in the StoryCorps App.
Need more help? Try this step-by-step guide:
1 The first step is to login to archive.storycorps.org and click your profile image
2 Click Create a question list
3 To add your own questions, click Add a custom question here...
4 Type your question
5 Click Add Question
6 You can also add questions provided by StoryCorps. Click one of the categories
7 Click the checkbox beside the question you'd like to add
8 select as many as you like
9 To view your question list, scroll up and click My Questions
10 To organized your questions. With your mouse, click and drag a question, then drop it where you wish
11 To delete a question form the list, click the "x"
12 When you're done. Click Add to Community to save this list to your community
13 Click Title:
14 Type a title for this question list: and Press Tab
15 Type a description for this question list:
16 Click the drop down menu under "Please select a community"
17 Select the community you wish to add this list to
18 Click Submit
19 You're done! To view your list on your community page, click your profile image
20 Click View Profile
21 Click Communities
22 Click Visit
23 Scroll down and you'll see your Question List on the right.
To edit your list, click the gear icon. Or, to view it, simply click the title
24 This is how users will view your list on archive.storycorps.org. They will also have access to this list of questions in the StoryCorps App to use when preparing for their interview.
Here's an interactive tutorial for the visual learners