An owner is the creator of a particular community. Owners establish the rules of the community, such as deciding whether the community requires approval for new members to join or permits the open submission of interviews, and has the ability to promote members to moderators. The owner also has the option to edit the community title, tagline, photo or image, add links to social media or other websites, and create custom questions.
Each community is limited to a maximum of two owners and ten moderators. To promote a community member to a moderator, follow these steps:
- Login to your account at StoryCorps.me
- Click on your username in the upper right hand corner of the screen
- Click on "View Profile"
- Click on “Communities (Beta)”
- Click on the Community box and then press “Members”
- Click on the gear icon for the member you’d like to promote to moderator
- Select “Promote to Moderator” (note: at this step, the owner also has the ability to “Block Moderator”)