A user has to be a member of a community to submit an interview. To join a community, please read these instructions.
Once you’ve joined a community, you can submit your interview either through the app or archive.storycorps.org.
- Share through the app when you prepare your interview
- Share through the app after you record
- Share from archive.storycorps.org after you publish
Share through the app when you prepare your interview
If you take advantage of the ability to prepare an interview in the app, you can select the community you’d like to share it with before you even start recording.
- Click the + symbol on the top right hand corner of your screen.
- Select “prepare an interview”.
- On the “prepare an interview” screen, select “Who will you share this interview with?”.
- Select the community you’d like to share the interview with.
- Click “Save”.
- Complete the other information (title, participants, questions) and either select “done” to start your interview later or “Record This Interview” to begin recording.
Share through the app after you record
You can add your interview to the community at any time. When you complete your interview details when publishing, “Share with a community” is an option (if you’re already a community member). Or you can edit an interview to add it to a community later.
To submit an interview through the app when editing, follow these steps:
- Press “My Interviews” and scroll down to the interview you’d like to submit.
- Press the three dots in the bottom right corner of the interview box and tap “Edit Info” in the drop-down menu.
- Scroll down and press “Share with a Community.”
- Tap the “+” button next to the community you’d like to share the interview with.
- Save your changes.
Keep in mind if the community moderates its interviews, your request will be marked as pending while it is reviewed by the community owners/moderators. You will receive an email from StoryCorps when your interview has been accepted.
Share your interview from archive.storycorps.org
To submit an interview to a community from archive.storycorps.org website, follow these steps:
- Log into your account at archive.storycorps.org.
- Click on your username in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Click on "View Profile."
- Click on “Edit” in the box of the interview you would like to add to the community.
- Scroll down to step no. 7 (“Add your interview to a community”), select the community from the list of communities you have joined as a member, and press “Update Interview.”
- If no approval is needed from the community owners/moderators, the interview will be added immediately to the community profile page.
- If the community moderates its interviews, your request will be marked as pending while it is reviewed by the community owners/moderators. You will receive an email from StoryCorps when your interview has been accepted.
Need some extra help? Try this step-by-step walk through (we recommend using the icon on the top-right to make it full-screen!):
1 The first step is to log in to archive.storycorps.org and click your profile image
2 Click View Profile
3 Scroll down to the interview you'd like to edit and click the interview image
4 Scroll down and click Edit Interview
5 Scroll down to the bottom and fine the section that says "Add Your Interview To A Community."
Select the community you'd like to add your interview to.
6 Click Save & Archive
7 You're done! You should be sent back to your profile page.
To see your interview in the community click Communities from your profile page.
8 Click Visit
9 Scroll down. You should see your interview listed in the community.
Keep in mind that if the community is moderated your interview will not appear until it has been approved.
Here's an interactive tutorial for the visual learners