Before a user can submit an interview to a community, they must be a member of the community. You can find more information on how to join an archive.storycorps.org community in the Help Center article below.
Once you’ve joined a community, you can submit any interviews you have recorded using the StoryCorps App or StoryCorps Connect and published to archive.storycorps.org to be included in your community.
To submit an interview to a community from the archive.storycorps.org:
- Login to your account on archive.storycorps.org.
- Click on your profile photo in the upper right corner of the screen and select My Interviews & Profile from the drop down menu
- Find the interview you would like to submit to a community. From here you can either:
- Click the gear icon in the upper right corner of your interview photo and select Edit Interview or
- Click the interview photo and select the Edit Interview option on the interview page
- On the Interview Edit screen, scroll down until you find the Add Your Interview to a Community heading. You'll be able to see all interviews you are a member of that your interview is eligible to be submitted to.
- Select box next to the community you want to add your interview to and select Save to Archive.
- Your done!
- If no approval is needed from the community owners/moderators, the interview will be added immediately to the community profile page.
- If the community moderates its interviews, your request will be marked as pending while it is reviewed by the community owners/moderators. You will receive an email from StoryCorps when your interview has been accepted.
Need some extra help? Try this step-by-step walk through (we recommend using the icon on the top-right to make it full-screen!):
Here's an interactive tutorial for the visual learners