No. It’s not possible to use your phone to call someone and simultaneously record an interview on the StoryCorps app. You will need to use a second phone for the calling or recording function. For better sound quality, we recommend using a computer with video calling software (such as Skype) for the phone call itself while recording the interview with the app on your phone.
Articles in this section
- How many participants can each interview have? Is there a maximum?
- How long can interviews be on the StoryCorps app?
- How will I know what to ask? Does StoryCorps have suggested questions for the interview?
- Can I use my own questions to record a StoryCorps interview?
- Can I create and save a list of custom questions before I record the interview?
- Can I email my list of questions to a participant?
- Can I record in a language other than English?
- I would like to interview someone who doesn’t live near me. Can I call that person on my phone and record an interview on the app using the same phone?