Yes, you absolutely can.
On archive.storycorps.org, you can create custom lists to print for your own use or to email to your participants. You can also create a list of questions in the StoryCorps App when preparing your interview.
Create a question list on archive.storycorps.org
To access this feature on the web, you’ll need to first log in to archive.storycorps.org.
- Click your profile photo (upper right)
- Create a Question List
- Type your custom question(s) in the box containing the Add a Custom Question Here… text under the Custom Questions tab
Click the Add Question button
Note that the My Questions tab now displays a (1) indicating the number of custom questions you have added.
Add as many other questions as you like by clicking the box beside a question within the various tabs (i.e., Best Questions, Parents, etc.) or by creating your own.
Once complete, feel free to click the Email This Question List button (upper left), which sends a copy to the email associated with your account. You’ll receive an email from StoryCorps Archive with Your Customized Question List in the subject line.
Pro Tip: Forward this email to the person you plan to interview to give them a heads-up about topics that might come up during the conversation.
Create a question list in the StoryCorps App
To access a similar feature in the app, you’ll need to log in.
- Tap the Prepare an Interview button
- Tap the What questions will you ask? section...
- Tap the Write your own questions section
- Type your custom question(s) in the box containing the Type a custom question here...text
- Tap Save
- Select the question by tapping the “+” symbol beside the question, then Save
Pro Tip: You can also include questions from the pre-written lists (such as Best Questions).