The way you update your privacy settings depends on whether you recorded an App interview or recorded a StoryCorps Signature interview at a StoryBooth / with a trained StoryCorps facilitator.
If you recorded a StoryCorps Signature interview (at a StoryBooth or with a trained StoryCorps facilitator):
You must claim your interview before you can update your privacy settings.
Now, find your interview:
- In the upper right-hand side of your account page, you’ll see an avatar / silhouette.
- Click the avatar / silhouette.
- In the dropdown box, hit “My Interviews & Profile”
- You will see a list of the interviews you’ve claimed. Click on the interview whose privacy you’d like to change.
- You are now in the interview record page.
- On the right hand side, you’ll see a list of grey buttons. Hit the “Edit Visibility” button.
- Hit the button for the privacy setting you’d prefer.
- Hit “Update”
- An email will confirm your privacy setting update.
You’ve just updated your interview privacy setting!
Please note that anyone else who’s claimed the interview (most likely your interview partner) can also update the privacy settings. When this happens, you will receive an email to notify you of the change.
If you recorded with the StoryCorps App:
You can update your privacy settings for each interview you record. These can be changed from either the app or archive.storycorps.org, and your selection will apply in both locations.
Updating your privacy settings from the StoryCorps App
- Log in
- Locate an existing interview
- Tap the three (...) dots (lower right)
- Select Edit Info
- Scroll down to the Who Can Listen to this Interview? section
- Select Edit
- Select your privacy setting
- Press the Save button
Updating your privacy settings from archive.storycorps.org
Remember that your interview will only appear on archive.storycorps.org if it has been published. You can edit the privacy settings of your published interview by following these steps:
- Log in to archive.storycorps.org
- Click your profile photo (upper right)
- My Interviews & Profile
- Click anywhere on an interview’s card (or click the gear icon)
- Edit Interview
- Click the Privacy label in the far left menu (or scroll down to the Who Can Listen to This Interview? section)
- Select from Everyone/StoryCorps Community/Private
- Save & Archive