The StoryCorps Online Archive has long been the home of interviews recorded with the StoryCorps App. StoryCorps is now beginning to incorporate more than 15 years of Signature interviews, recorded in our booths or with a StoryCorps Facilitator, into this online home.
If you recorded a Signature interview recently, when it becomes available you will receive an email from StoryCorps with a special claim link. If you recorded a Signature interview in the past, please know that we are bringing our past interviews into the online archive in batches. When your interview becomes available you will also receive an email from StoryCorps with a special claim link.
- What is a Claim Link? This special link is intended for you to use to create an account and "claim your interview. When you use this link to create an account it will ensure that your account is associated with your Signature interview, allowing you to access it, change your privacy settings, and more. (Need help? Watch this step-by-step guide to claiming your interview)
- Do not forward your Claim Link to others. Only you and your interview partner(s) should claim your interview. If you wish you wish to share your interview with others don't forward your claim link!
- How do I share my interview? Sharing your interview from archive.storycorps.org is easy! Learn more here.
- What are my privacy options? There are three privacy settings available to users, but remember that the terms of your release form still apply. Learn more here.
- How do I change my privacy? You can find step-by-step instructions here
- What if my interview partner changes my privacy? Both you and your interview partner have the ability to change the privacy setting on your interview. If your privacy setting is changed you'll receive an email letting you know.
- Do I have to claim my interview? You are not required to claim your interview, but please keep in mind that claiming your interview is the way to gain control over your privacy setting. If you would like a link to access your interview in the online archive without claiming, contact us.
- Can I edit the title or description of my Signature interview? Participants do not have access to edit Signature interviews, but if you find a typo or error, please let us know! You can learn more about why and what to do if you find an error here.
- What if I do not want my interview to be in the online archive? If you have concerns about your interview's presence in the online archive, please contact us to discuss your release status.
- Can I access my Signature interview through the StoryCorps App? Once you claim your interview, on archive.storycorps.org your Signature interview(s) will appear alongside the interview(s) you record and publish using the StoryCorps App. However, when you look at "my interviews" in the StoryCorps App, you will only see your App interviews. We look forward to future improvements to the StoryCorps App to allow you to easily access your Signature interview(s) through the App as well!