In order to record an interview using StoryCorps Connect, you and your interview partner both need:
- An internet-ready device (such as a desktop or laptop computer, smartphone, or tablet) with access to a camera and microphone.
- An account on archive.storycorps.org.
- You and your interview partner will be prompted to either log into your existing account or create a new account before you can enter the virtual recording booth and begin your interview. You can find more information on how to create an account on archive.storycorps.org in the Help Center article below.
How do I create a new account on archive.storycorps.org?
- Access to a strong, stable internet connection (we recommend an internet speed of at least 300kbps.)
- A quiet place to record
- A compatible internet browser on your device. Compatible browsers include:
- Google Chrome (latest release)
- Google Chrome for Android
- Firefox for Android
- Microsoft Edge (version 79+)
- Safari 11 or later on Mac OS or iOS
- Internet Explorer 11 (Please note: Internet Explorer users may be prompted to install the OpenTok plugin when they attempt to access StoryCorps Connect.)