After making an appointment:
- You will get an email confirmation shortly after booking. This email will also include important materials to review ahead of your appointment.
- (for Mobile Tour appointments) Within a week of your appointment our Mobile Team will contact everyone who will be participating by phone to go over the details of the virtual recording process and answer any technical questions.
- In some cases, a few days prior to your appointment our team may schedule a tech check to test the device you’ll be recording with and give you an orientation to the StoryCorps Virtual space. For many StoryCorps locations, your tech check will occur at the beginning of your virtual appointment instead.
Please read all communications carefully and be sure to return any forms that may be required before your interview. Some details may vary slightly between different StoryCorps locations, be sure to check your confirmation email for the most accurate information (and if you didn't see the confirmation email, make sure to check your spam folder!)
Day of recording:
- On the morning of your interview, you will receive an email with the link to join the virtual recording room (in some instances, your facilitator may send this sooner than expected).
- Once you enter the virtual recording space, you’ll be welcomed by your facilitator who will provide a brief orientation and help you fill out your digital Data Sheet.
- The recording will last approximately 40mins. When the recording ends, your facilitator will explain your release options and take a screenshot photo of you and your interview partner. You’ll also be asked to turn in any outstanding forms.
After your recording:
- Your recording will be archived in our online archive as well as at the American Folklife Center at the Library of Congress.
- After your interview has been successfully published and databased, you’ll receive an email with instructions on how to access your interview in our online archive. You’ll be able to share your interview with family and friends!