After making an appointment:
- You will get an email confirmation shortly after booking. This email will also include important materials to review ahead of your appointment.
- Within a week of your appointment our Mobile Team will contact everyone who will be participating by phone to go over the details of the virtual recording process and answer any technical questions.
- A few days prior to your appointment our team will schedule a tech check to test the device you’ll be recording with and give you an orientation to the StoryCorps Virtual space.
*Note: It is mandatory that our team speak with you prior to your appointment. You will not be allowed to participate without confirming by phone and completing the tech check.
Please read all communications carefully and be sure to return any forms that may be required before your interview.
Day of recording:
- On the morning of your interview, you will receive an email with the link to join the virtual recording room.
- Once you enter the virtual recording space, you’ll be welcomed by your facilitator who will provide a brief orientation and help you fill out your digital Data Sheet.
- The recording will last approximately 40mins. When the recording ends, your facilitator will explain your release options and take a screenshot photo of you and your interview partner. You’ll also be asked to turn in any outstanding forms.
After your recording:
- Your recording will be archived in our online archive as well as at the American Folklife Center at the Library of Congress.
- After your interview has been successfully published and databased, you’ll receive an email with instructions on how to access your interview in our online archive. You’ll be able to share your interview with family and friends!