On archive.storycorps.org, you can create a custom question list to print for your own use or to email to your interview partner before your interview. To create a custom question list, follow the steps below:
- Log into your account at archive.storycorps.org.
- Click on your profile image in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Select Create a Question List from the drop-down menu.
- Start creating your list by choosing from our prepared questions and/or by adding custom questions.
- You can create custom questions by typing them in the Add a Custom Question Here field.
- After you’ve written a custom question, add it to your list by clicking the +Add Question button to the right of the custom question field.
*Note that the "My Questions" tab now displays a number indicating the number of custom questions you have added.
- Add as many of our prepared questions as you like by clicking the box beside the question you want to add within the various tabs (i.e., Best Questions, Parents, etc.) or continue creating your own custom questions.
Pro Tip: Tabs with a hashtag (#) contain questions specific to one of our initiatives (but you are more than welcome to use them even if you are not participating in the initiative).
- You can review your current question list by clicking the My Questions tab on the right side of the page.
- You can change the order of the questions on your list by dragging and dropping them in your preferred order.
- If you want to delete a question from your list, simply click on the (x) next to the question you want to remove.
- Once you are finished, you can print your question list directly from the question generator by selecting the Printer Friendly Version on the right side of the page.
- You can also click Email This Question List on the left side of the page to send a copy of your list to the email associated with your account.
- You’ll receive an email from the StoryCorps Archive with “Your Customized Question List” in the subject line.
Pro Tip: Forward this email to the person you plan to interview to give them a heads-up about topics that might come up during the conversation.
Need more help? Try this step-by-step guide:
1. The first step is to login to archive.storycorps.org and click your profile image
2. Click Create a Question List
3. To add your own questions, select Add a custom question here
4. Type your custom question
5. Click Add Question
6. You can also add questions provided by StoryCorps. Click one of the categories
7. Click the checkbox beside the question you'd like to add
8. Select as many prepared questions as you'd like
9. To view your question list, click My Questions
10. To organize your questions, with your mouse, click and drag a question, then drop it where you wish
11. To delete a question from the list, click the "x"
12. When you're finished, select Printer Friendly Version to print your question list.
13. You can also select Email me this Question List to send your question list to the email address associated with your profile.
14. Type a title for this question list
15. Type a Description for this question list
16. Click Submit
17. That's it! You’ll receive an email from StoryCorps Archive with Your Customized Question List in the subject line.
Here's an interactive tutorial