With the StoryCorps App, you can download a copy of your interview audio from the app regardless of whether or not you have uploaded your interview audio to archive.storycorps.org.
To download an interview that has been published to archive.storycorps.org
- Select the Profile icon in the bottom right corner of the app.
- Select the Interviews box on your profile and then select the interview you want to download.
- On the interview page, select the three dots in the top right corner, and select the Download Audio option from the drop-down menu.
- For users with an iOS device: Your interview audio will appear in a media player in your device’s browser. Select the share icon in your browser, and select Save to Files or share the audio using your preferred file sharing or messaging app.
- For users with an Android device: Choose where on your device you want your audio to be saved and select Save.
To download an interview that has not been published and is still a draft:
After you have saved your recording as a draft, you’ll be able to download it from your device using the USB Export feature. You can find step by step instructions on how to use the USB Export feature in the Help Center article below.
If you want to publish your interview, you'll find instructions on how to upload your audio directly to archive.storycorps.org in the Help Center Article below.
Please Note: In 2022, we launched a new version of the StoryCorps App and this article relates to the latest version. If you need to figure out which version you’re on or find support materials for Version 1, please take a look at the Help Center article below.
Still have questions? Submit a request to our support team here.