Big News: On July 11 2022, StoryCorps launched a major update to the StoryCorps App!
The information below pertains to the latest version of the StoryCorps App.
- Not sure which version you’re on or need help with the original version of the StoryCorps App? Check out this Help Center article!
- Ready to update to the StoryCorps App Version 2? Read this first!
Before sitting down to record with the StoryCorps App, you have the option to prepare for your interview ahead of time. Preparing for your interview in advance is a great way to get acquainted with the app and make sure you don’t encounter any unexpected issues when you sit down to record with your partner. To prepare for your interview:
- Press the Record button (the red microphone icon on the bottom center of the app screen) and select Prepare My Interview.
- Give your interview a Title (you can change your title later).
- Use the Plan Your Interview checklist to start planning for your conversation.
- Once you’ve given your interview a title and completed the checklist, select Next at the bottom of the screen. You’ll then have the option to create custom questions for your interview. You can find more information on creating a custom question list with the StoryCorps App in the Help Center article below.
- After you’ve created your question list, press the Next button at the bottom of the screen. You can either begin recording your interview by selecting Yes, let’s record now! or record at a later time by selecting Not yet, save as a draft. You can resume your draft interview at any time by opening it from your home screen.